Together, we are alleviating homelessness -- one job at a time.
Hired + Hopeful LA is a coalition of non-profit organizations, public agencies, and corporations working together to connect 16,000 people with lived homelessness experience to employment in Los Angeles County by 2022.
Homelessness ends when an individual’s income allows them to afford their housing, their healthcare, and their cost of living.
To meet the unique needs of every person with lived homelessness experience in Los Angeles, we need a holistic vision, where a diverse network of public and private partners work hand in hand. When we work together, we can provide the income, dignity, and resources needed to help keep thousands of people—and their families—housed.
UNITING COMMUNITY PARTNERS
CREATING + EXPANDING BEST PRACTICES
CHANGING THE NARRATIVE
- Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of housing status.
- We must change the narrative about the talent and value of our neighbors without homes.
- Securing a job that provides a living wage is essential to ending homelessness.
- People with lived experience must be a part of the planning and solution to end homelessness.
- Homelessness cannot be addressed by any one organization, company, or agency alone; collaboration achieves results..
Our work is inspired by innovative and effective models, programs, and practices to employ homeless individuals.